Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Chocolate and Zucchini, a Paris Food Blog

Just a quick note to highlight one of the latest additions to my links list, Chocolate and Zucchini. Although I like to focus on local foodie sites, I thought Nancylanders might like to daydream about little food adventures in Paris once in a while. I certainly am, as I research travel in Europe, looking for potential adventures for my trip in September. This blog caught my eye while I was dreaming about El Bulli again, and doing a search on how people get reservations. Turns out I thought about the restaurant only a few months too late. As Clotilde Dusoulier, Chocolate and Zuchinni blogger, found out, they take requests for reservations for their May through September season in October of the previous year. Look here for her terrific account of her meal, complete with photos, and even practical information such as cost (with their water, coffee, and wine - which they let the sommelier decide without limits - it looks like their thirty-five course tasting menu cost the equivalent of $330 CAD/person, before wine $250). I think this blog is inspirational also because she wound up quitting her day job as a software engineer, two years after starting to blog, to write about food full-time. She has Chocolate and Zucchini cookbook coming out soon!

1 comment:

RoxyKitty said...

Hi my name is Cynthia and I work for a word of mouth marketing researcher that wants to offer influential women like you a great DOVE CHOCOLATE PACK for FREE. Now what’s better than that?? All we ask is that you give us your feedback and tell all your friends how yummy it was. You will get chocolate for yourself and to give out to friends as well.

If you’re interested, and would like additional information please visit our website at www.matchstick.ca/dove and fill out the quick survey to qualify

Thanks and feel free to contact me at 1-800-530-8092 ext. 219 or Cynthia@matchstick.ca if you have any questions!

Hope to hear from you soon